I was browsing through DIY Travel Facebook page and was looking for a beach to go to this holiday weekend and I stumbled upon a scuba diving post. Kaeser and I have been planning to go scuba diving since last year but don’t know where and who to contact. So, I thought this was the perfect opportunity since the scheduled dive was our rest day at work. I immediately message Vincent Cornel and booked it.😊
The dive site is in Ligpo Island, Bauan, Batangas. It is Marine Sanctuary home of prestine corals and exotic underwater creatures. They don’t require swimming skills or experience to be able to dive. It’s open to ages 10 and above.
- Php 2,999 all in package
- Round trip van transfer (MANILA-BATANGAS-MANILA)
- Resort entrance fee
- Complete diving gears
- Dive master fee (one is to one divemaster to student ratio)
- Speed boat
- Dive pass
- Environmental fee
- Digital certificate (upon request only)
- Camera man fee (bring your own underwear camera
- Extradive is possible. Additional payment of Php 300 extra tank, Php 500 for divemaster and Php 200 for boatfee. Total of Php 1,000.
- 3:00 AM – Meet up at MCDO, MRT Quezon Ave Station.
- 3:20 AM – ETD Mcdo
- 3:25 AM – Edsa, Starmall
- 3:30 AM – Ayala (Ministop, Dusit Thani lobby)
- 4:00 AM – Alabang (Starmall)
- 4:30 AM – SLEX Petron
- 7:00 AM – ETA Seasports Park and Dive resort
- 7:10 AM – Briefing and Discussion
- 7:30 AM – Change diving outfit
- 8:00 AM – ETD to Ligpo island
- 8:10 AM – ETA Ligpo island
- 8:10 AM – Drills then actual Dive (After drills, actual dive will come right away. Actual dive last 20-40 minutes depends on student’s air consumption and level of comfortability)
- 12:00 PM – Lunch
- 1:00 – 3:00 PM – Continuation of boat dive
- 3:00 PM – Chill, snorkel, hike (San Luis Rio de Janeiro Jesus Christ statue. Highlights: 360 view of Mt Maculot, Makiling Batulao and Gulugod Baboy. This is OPTIONAL. 50 pesos back and forth via Habal-habal)
- 4:00 PM – ETD Seasports
- 4:30 PM – ETA Taal Ancestral houses and Taal Basilica
- 6:00 PM – Dinner (Own account)
- 10:00 PM – ETA Manila
Things to bring:
- Rashguard – upper garment
- Leggings – lower garment (girls)
- Boardshorts – lower garment (boys)
- Snorkling set (Note: Dive mask will be provided for the scuba session but if you wish to snorkel after dive, use your personal gear. Rent is available. 100/hour)
- Personal toiletries
- Personal medication
- Extra clothes
- Camera/Underwater camera
- Travel pillow
- Extra money
Upon arrival at the resort, Vincent did the orientation about scuba diving. He told us where scuba diving originated, the do’s and dont’s, how to use the equipments, emergency tips, and all other important things to know before the dive itself. Note that this is only an intro dive, basically for beginners.
Some of us were scared to dive. Vincent asked who wants to dive first, being bibo kids, we volunteered to go first.😂
Before the dive itself, the dive masters will practice you to use the regulator and how to take off the water incase it entered your mask. They will also check if you can breathe normally underwater.
I was just saying Hi to them but Nemo’s friend bit me. Twice!😂
We’re definitely going to dive again. And we plan to get our license too! Being a scuba certificate diver requires you to attend a PADI Open Water Dive Course. Know more about it on this link PADI Scuba Diving Certification FAQ. Based on my research, it will cost you around Php 15,000 – 18,000 but once you get your license, you can dive anywhere in the world. Exciting!!!😍
- You can see trash like shampoo sachets, diapers, plastics. So, I highly suggest to bring a plastic bag and get any trash that you can see and throw it in the garbage can once you’re in the resort. Please don’t throw your trash in the sea, be responsible citizens.
- Do not step on the corals. Please don’t destroy their homes.
- Be alert of the sea urchins, it will hurt a lot!
- Don’t jump off the boat unless instructed to do so.
It was an awesome weekend indeed! This was our group photo. I’ve learned that it was the first year anniversary of the Scuba Buddies and I’m glad to be part of your anniversary. Til our next dive, guys!😎
- Facebook Page: Scuba Buddies
- Contact person: Vincent Cornel
- Mobile#: 09770587443
- Location: Seasports Park and Dive Resort, San Luis, Batangas