I’ve been to Singapore twice before, but without my kids. First one was with my best friend, and last year was with Kaeser. As I’ve mentioned before, as much as I want to travel with my kids all the time, they have school and I don’t want them to miss it since they are on the honor roll and part of the varsity team.
Last year, Cebu Pacific Air had a seat sale and the travel dates were perfect because it’s still their summer vacation. I immediately booked it because it’s only PHP 399 per person per way, Clark to Singapore. Although, the airfare from Singapore to Manila is PHP 3,500 per person since we booked it 2 months before, it’s still a good deal!
Unfortunately, Kern can’t come with us because he has a couple of basketball leagues and Kaeser has work, so only Kyle and I were able to go. And, since this is Kyle’s first time and he’s been dreaming of going to Universal Studios, I made sure he had a blast! 🙂
For our accommodation. I booked a capsule room via Agoda which is at the Atlantis Pods located in Little India, it costs PHP 3,111.51 for 4 days and 3 nights. It’s our first time to try the capsule accommodation and Kyle loved it so much, he really felt like we’re in a space ship LOL! By the way, you can turn the blue lights into white, all information is in the vlog. 🙂
For my past two Singapore trips, I didn’t do any blog – not sure why though haha! But that’s the thing, if I don’t blog it, I usually forget things. This time around, I made sure to write and record everything down so I can share it with my readers. So, I’ve listed my personal top 10 things to do in Singapore with kids. Make sure to save this post for your future reference.
Top 10 Fun Things To Do In Singapore With Kids (or Friends):
Jewel Changi Airport – This is very new as they just opened last April 12, 2019. Kids will surely love it! Everything is there, it’s like a giant mall in an airport. Their main attraction, which tourist shouldn’t miss, is the world’s largest indoor waterfall. We were in awe just by looking at it!Entrance Fee: FREE
For our Jewel Changi Airport vlog, you may watch it here:
Universal Studios Singapore – I think every kid traveling to Singapore would want to go to Universal Studios. And yes, Kyle waited for this day to come!
Entrance Fee: PHP 2,689 (less for kids via Klook)
More on the vlog:
S.E.A. Aquarium – We always find the underwater life amazing – the colorful corals, fishes and all the creatures under the sea. We just love it!Entrance Fee: PHP 1,362 (less for kids via Klook)
Watch our vlog here:
Madame Tussauds w/Marvel 4D Experience – Kyle was looking forward to seeing the wax figures, this was my first time in Madame Tussauds Singapore too.Entrance Fee: PHP 892 for adults and kids (Klook)
Our star-studded and fun vlog here:
Singapore Zoo – I’ve said this over and over before in my previous posts, I love animals and every country I go to, I make sure to visit their zoo. Gladly, Kyle loves animals too! I already made a blog about this last year, for detailed travel guide click – Singapore Zoo Travel Guide.
Sharing you Kyle’s photos and vlog as well.Entrance Fee: PHP 1,281 (less for kids via Klook)
Singapore Zoo vlog:
Art Science Museum – Personally, I’d say, don’t miss this place when you visit Singapore. It’s just mesmerizing, photos will prove it. But, it’s better to experience it there! (photos were from our January 2018 trip)Entrance Fee: PHP 569 (less for kids via Klook)
Marina Bay Sands Light & Water Show – The best light & water show for me. Kyle froze and didn’t even want to vlog because he just want to watch the whole thing. So happy he loved it! Schedule of shows: Sun – Thurs, 8PM & 9PM. Fri & Sat, 8PM, 9PM & 10PM. Each show is 15 minutes long.
Entrance Fee: FREE
Gardens By The Bay – Another must see in Singapore, this time they had a Toy Story theme for their show. It was fun!!! Schedule of shows, 7:45 PM and 8:45 PM daily.
Entrance Fee: FREE
Marina Bay Sands & Gardens By The Bay vlog:
We didn’t go to these two places because of time constraint. But, given a chance to visit Singapore again, these will definitely on our list:
Sentosa Beaches – Sentosa island boasts 3.2 kilometers of the white sand, tourists can enjoy. You may choose between Tanjong Beach, Palawan Beach, or Siloso Beach. Being beach babies, we would love experience the beaches in Singapore!
Legoland Malaysia – Kyle wanted to go here as well, but we didn’t have enough time/days. Legoland is only 1.5 – 2 hours away from Singapore. Kids will definitely enjoy both the theme park and water park, they have different rates for the entrance fee though. They also have a hotel in case you want to stay there. Something to look forward to when we go back.
There are actually SO MUCH MORE that you can do and see in Singapore, this were just my personal top 10 if you’ll be traveling with kids. 🙂
Also, I’ve listed some things you need to know before going to Singapore –
- MRT is the best way to travel, taxis are expensive
- You can buy a Singapore Tourist Pass that you can use for unlimited MRT and bus rides. We bought the 3 day pass for SGD 30, the SGD 10 is refundable once you’re done using it
- Download transportation app/s on your phone for easy transit guide. For me, Moovit is the best as it shows your route even walking directions. I always use it when I’m in Singapore
- There are certain tourist attraction that you can go to by walking
Singapore Travel Tips:
- They say you can exchange SGD at a higher price at Lucky Plaza (We exchanged our PHP at Changi Airpot to save time since I have a kid with me)
- If you’ll be walking the whole day, make sure to wear comfortable clothing
- Bring extra clothes, not only for the kids but for yourself as well
- Bring an umbrella and a fan (it is hot and humid in Singapore)
- Bring water bottle, you can get free water from the hotel or restaurants
- A meal costs SGD 4-8, SGD 10 is already too much for me LOL. If you’ll ask me where to eat, I’m really not an expert on this because my son only likes KFC or McDonald’s. You must try the Satay though, I loved it!
- Soft drinks and water in a vending machine is only SDG 1-1.20, at Universal Studios it’s SGD 4
- For activities and attractions, best to book before going to Singapore. I always book through Klook because it’s very convenient, I don’t have to worry and I don’t have to fall in line to buy tickets
- There are a lot of rules to follow when visiting Singapore, you might want to Google it 🙂
Budget Shopping Places:
- June is the Great Singapore Sale – with the statement itself, you already know! You have to bring loads of cash if you want to shop! It’s sale everywhere!
- IMM Outlet Mall – branded shops on a discounted price
- Bugis Street
- Mustafa Center – open 24 hours
- Lucky Plaza
- Far East Plaza
- Anchorpoint Shopping Center
When we go back in Singapore, I’m planning to visit all the Instagrammable places so I can share it with you guys. I hope this blog helps, especially for those who are planning for their Singapore trip with their family or friends! For more of my adventures, follow me on Facebook and Instagram and subscribe to our YouTube channel. Happy travels! 🙂
2 Replies to “Fun Things To Do In Singapore With Kids (Travel Guide and Budget Tips)”
Hi, I’m curious, were you able to go inside the Gardens By The Bay?
We just did the light show outside