One day, my friend Jason, saw a post at DIY Travel Philippines Facebook page about a day trip to Cabongaoan Beach in Burgos, Pangasinan. And since I’m game with any impromptu beach trip, I told him I’ll join together with my traveler baby, Kyle.
We paid Php1299 per person inclusive of the following:
- Food (Boodle Lunch)
- Tour Organizer
- Van Service w/ aircon (Cubao-Cabongaoan Beach-Cubao)
- Toll Fee
- Driver’s Meal
- Parking Fee
Meeting time was Sunday 12:00 AM at Jollibee Farmers in Cubao. There were 16 joiners. We left Cubao around 12:30 AM and arrived Alaminos at 5:30 AM. The organizers bought supplies at the market while other joiners had their breakfast. There’s Jollibee, McDonald’s, Chowking and 7/11 in the area.
Of course, we took a photo when we got there 😊
We left Alaminos City about 7:00 AM to head to Cabongaoan Beach. At first, the road was smooth and our speed was a bit fast. Scenery was breathtaking too, especially the sunrise.
But when we got closer, the road was rough and it slowed us down. Here are some photos from inside the van.
We arrived at Cabongaoan Beach at around 8:30 AM.
I was curious of how people can go there by commute so I asked around:
- From Cubao, take Victory Liner or Five Star to Sta. Cruz, Pangasinan
- Ask the bus driver to drop you off at Burgos Town Proper.
- From Burgos, at 7/11, rent a tricycle for Php500 one way. You can ask for the tricycle driver’s cellphone number incase you need him to pick you up when going back to Burgos
- My recommendation is to bring your own car or van, it will be easier and cheaper especially if you’re going as a group. Just follow Waze.
I also researched on the fees that you need to pay incase you want to DIY. Here are some:
- Cottage with room and foam is Php1800 overnight
- They have hammocks at some cottages
- This cottage costs Php1000 for overnight use
This was our cottage which costs Php500 for the whole day from Ate Mary. If you want to go there, below are her contact infos. They also cook awesome food and will really take care of everything you need while you’re there. I highly recommend her place.
Ate Mary – 09165370433/09165390623
Things to know:
- There’s no entrance fee, just rent a cottage or pitch tent
- Free use of bathroom at Ate Mary’s place
- Parking fee is Php100
- No cellular signal for Smart, only Globe
- There’s a store where you can buy snacks and drinks
- I suggest to bring your own food and ice,
- Or buy supplies in the market and have Ate Mary cook for you, with extra payment
I think the good thing about this beach is that it’s not yet crowded. It’s still not developed. You can just count the people who were there at the moment. Hopefully after this blog, the beach will maintain it’s beauty and peacefulness.
Here’s the beach. Water was very clear. You will notice that the place is clean because there’s only a few people who knows about it.
There are some rock formation that you can rest on (or use for your Instagram feed goals😃)
We saw a few people with their tents
Of course, my beach baby, enjoyed the ocean from morning until afternoon
And some bonding time with my friends
I saw a reminder about the Storm Surge while walking
I love this palm tree, isn’t it obvious?😝
And then our most awaited lunch. Boodle feast!!! Yummy!!! 😋
And my forever favorite, Indian Mangoes!
During lunch, we did a meet and greet with the other joiners and organizers. I’m so grateful that I joined DIY Travel Philippines two years ago. I get to meet people from different parts of the Philippines and discover new places. It’s always a memorable experience. 😊
We left Cabongaoan Beach at 5:00 PM. That day trip at the beach was worth it. I don’t think I’ll ever get tired of exploring other beautiful places here in the Philippines. 😎
To see more of my beach trips, please click this Althea’s Adventures. Happy travels!😎😊
5 Replies to “Cabongaoan Beach | A Hidden Gem”
This place is majestic. I really love nature.
Sino po ang Tour Organizer ninyo and could you please share their contact info? Thanks po.
I was just invited by a friend po to join.
Hi Miss althea kaw po ba ang mag organize?? Gsto ko po sanang matry namin Yan ng family kO.. hope I can get feedback from yOu… 😊😊
No po, I was only invited.