So, there’s been promo fare or seat sale here and there. Sometimes it’s announced and sometimes it’s a surprise. Who doesn’t want to save from airfare? I guess none. For example, a Manila – Tokyo – Manila round trip tickets usually cost Php 20,000 – Php 25,000. With Cebu Pacific Air‘s piso fare, you can book it for Php 2,400 roundtrip, that’s a 90% discount!
Would you believe me if I tell you that every time there’s a seat sale with Cebu Pacific Air or Air Asia, I always get to book? YES, YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT! It might be luck or I’m just really persistent. I never miss a piso fare! Haha! 🙂
This was booked just this year with Cebu Pacific Air‘s promo fares!
- Manila-Tagbilaran = Php 800
- Manila-Bali-Manila = Php 4,800 (not piso fare)
- Manila-Singapore-Manila = Php 2,600
- Manila-Osaka-Manila = Php 2,400
- Manila-Dumaguete = Php 590
- Iloilo-Manila = Php 590
And since I’m nice and I always want to help my fellow travelers travel on a budget, I’ll share with you some tips on booking for promo fares or piso fare based on my experience:
SEAT SALE TIPS:
- Follow all the Facebook pages and subscribe to all local airlines so you’ll be notified of the promo fares
- Book as early as possible like 12:00 AM. The website slows down later part of the day, even after an hour of the announcement.
- Book one way first – better chances of getting the date that you want
- You have more chances of getting the seat sale if you’re booking for one or two persons
- Make sure to have your travel buddy’s information handy
- Pre-list the destination that you really want to go to
- Manila to your destination is cheaper than going back to Manila. Flights to Manila from your destination is usually more expensive
- Using a debit or credit card has better chances of it being confirmed
- If you have a PayPal account, payment is faster
- If you see a seat sale, grab it! Don’t think twice because it gets sold out fast!
- HAVE LOTS OF PATIENCE!
- Most of the seat sale are non-transferable and non refundable, if you’ll re-book it would cost more than what you originally paid for
- I’ve experienced some schedule changes or cancellation with promo fares. In case that happens, you can request for a refund or re-routing option for domestic.
I hope this blog helps! For more of my travel tips and adventures, follow me on Facebook and Instagram. Happy travels! 🙂
9 Replies to “Airfare Seat Sale Tips”
Ask ko lang po mam how to use paypal.?
Kasi last piso pair mas mabilis ung paypal when it comes to payment na.
Just register first and put your cc or debit card info there.
Very nice… ❤❤❤