So, there’s been promo fare or seat sale here and there. Sometimes it’s announced and sometimes it’s a surprise. Who doesn’t want to save from airfare? I guess none. For example, a Manila – Tokyo – Manila round trip tickets usually cost Php 20,000 – Php 25,000. With Cebu Pacific Air‘s piso fare, you can book it for Php 2,400 roundtrip, that’s a 90% discount!
Would you believe me if I tell you that every time there’s a seat sale with Cebu Pacific Air or Air Asia, I always get to book? YES, YOU HEARD THAT RIGHT! It might be luck or I’m just really persistent. I never miss a piso fare! Haha! 🙂
This was booked just this year with Cebu Pacific Air‘s promo fares!
- Manila-Tagbilaran = Php 800
- Manila-Bali-Manila = Php 4,800 (not piso fare)
- Manila-Singapore-Manila = Php 2,600
- Manila-Osaka-Manila = Php 2,400
- Manila-Dumaguete = Php 590
- Iloilo-Manila = Php 590
And since I’m nice and I always want to help my fellow travelers travel on a budget, I’ll share with you some tips on booking for promo fares or piso fare based on my experience:
SEAT SALE TIPS:
- Follow all the Facebook pages and subscribe to all local airlines so you’ll be notified of the promo fares
- Book as early as possible like 12:00 AM. The website slows down later part of the day, even after an hour of the announcement.
- Book one way first – better chances of getting the date that you want
- You have more chances of getting the seat sale if you’re booking for one or two persons
- Make sure to have your travel buddy’s information handy
- Pre-list the destination that you really want to go to
- Manila to your destination is cheaper than going back to Manila. Flights to Manila from your destination is usually more expensive
- Using a debit or credit card has better chances of it being confirmed
- If you have a PayPal account, payment is faster
- If you see a seat sale, grab it! Don’t think twice because it gets sold out fast!
- HAVE LOTS OF PATIENCE!
- Most of the seat sale are non-transferable and non refundable, if you’ll re-book it would cost more than what you originally paid for
- I’ve experienced some schedule changes or cancellation with promo fares. In case that happens, you can request for a refund or re-routing option for domestic.