It was Thanksgiving Holiday in the US and since we work in the BPO industry and handling US accounts, Kaeser and I decided to have a quick Thanksgiving getaway. At first, I wanted to go to Bolinao and Hundred Islands but one of our closest friends showed us a nice resort in Laiya, Batangas so we opted to go there.
For those who watched the movie “Always be my Maybe” by Gerald Anderson and Arci Muñoz, that’s where we stayed. The resort is called Kota Keluarga or Klub Keluarga located at San Juan, Laiya Road in Batangas.
- I researched in Google and here’s what I found if you’re going there via commute.
- From EDSA, Cubao or Araneta Center Bus terminal in Quezon City or Alabang, Muntinlupa, they say the best is Alps as it has direct daily trip schedule to San Juan, Batangas. First trip is 3AM and last trip is 5:30PM. Fare is about Php190-200.
- Once you’re in San Juan near the town hall, take a jeepney to Laiya/Barangay Hugom. Fare is about Php30. Just tell the driver which resort you are going to and he will drop you off. At the gate, there’s a shuttle that will bring you to the resort proper.
- Tip: Don’t take the tricycle as they will ask you to pay as much as Php600.
- It is always better if you’ll bring a car, you can just use Waze. Travel time is 4 hours.
- For those who will bring cars, please note that it’s 4.6 kilometers from the gate to the resort itself. Road was rough and there was a steep part before reaching the parking area.
Making a reservation with the resort is easy, just call their numbers and they will be happy to accommodate you.
- Filinvest – Alabang, Muntinlupa office: (02)514.2498 / (0918)9592596 / (0917)8858887
- Batangas site Office: (043)5157408
- Email Address : email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also visit their website, click this link Klub Keluarga.
Speaking of nice and quiet, the resort does not have cellular signal at all and the wifi is only accessible in their office. So if you’re looking for a place close to nature with no one disturbing you through your phone, this is the place you’re looking for.
We slept early because it was raining so hard and there’s really nothing left to do but rest. We also experienced black out, good thing the resort have generators.
Check out was 11:30AM. And before going home, we strolled around the resort again and took photos.
And that was our quick fun Thanksgiving getaway. I hope this blog helps! For more of my adventures and reviews of the places I’ve been to, please click this link Althea’s Adventures. Happy travels! 🙂