My travels are usually very random. One day, I’ll research for a place to go then pack my bags and leave. So it happened again last Sunday. Good thing, I am a member of DIY Travel Philippines so it’s easier to go to places and meet new travel friends. 🙂
We decided to go to the popular Fortune Island. It is located at Nasugbu, Batangas. I’ve been seeing people post about this island because of the ruins and the story behind it. I’ve learned that it was supposed to be a luxury resort but a typhoon happened so everything was ruined. As of now, the owner of the island have no plans of fixing it or making it a resort yet.
- There are bus terminals going to Nasugbu in Cubao, Coastal, Buendia and a lot more. Our meeting place was at DLTB Buendia, 3:00 AM. Aircon bus fare from Buendia to Nasugbu is Php160 for adult and Php128 for the kids. They leave every 30 minutes. 2-3 hours travel time.
- At DLTB Nasugbu Terminal, you can ride a tricycle going to Wawa port for Php20 per head.
- Boat going to Fortune island from Wawa port costs Php3500-4000 round trip. So the more pax, the lesser the expenses. It is an hour bumpy ride.
- Going home, the last bus trip is 8:00 PM, so make sure to be at the bus terminal at least 30 minutes before.
- Day tour entrance fee – Php350
- Overnight entrance fee – Php400
- Bring your own tent, hammock or anything that you can rest on. There are no cottages there.
- Bring snorkeling gears if you want to snorkel.
- Bring water and food. You can buy food near the bus terminal, there’s McDonald’s, Jollibee and Chowking there but you can also bring cooked food. You can buy water at the Wawa port for Php50 for a gallon.
- No comfort room in the island, you can take a bath in the Wawa port for free. Bring toiletries.
- I suggest you leave the island before 4:00 PM for people who will do day tour. The waves are pretty high after 4:00 PM and not advisable for kids (based on my own experience)
You can also do cliff diving. Unfortunately, we were not able to do it. 😦
There goes our Fortune island day trip. In total, I spent around Php2,000 for me and Kyle. That includes transportation, entrance fee and food. Kyle was free from charge for the boat and entrance fee.
For more of my adventures, click this Althea’s Adventures. Happy Summer! 🙂